It doesn’t matter if the hamper is overflowing and that the dishwasher still needs to be loaded, everyone deserves a little time by themselves to unwind. For me, my nightly bath is my chance to unwind and soak away the day’s stress. If you don’t have a daily unwinding ritual, try a bath soak with some easy-to-make DIY herbal bath salts.
This simple project only takes minutes to make, plus the jars will look oh-so-fancy in your bathroom, especially with the labels that I created using Maestro Label Designer. Of course, you could design your own with your favorite motivational sayings or you can simply download this free printable. I especially love the clear gloss inkjet labels and how you can see through the labels to the beautiful herbal salt mixture in the jar.
These herbal bath salts are also simple and thoughtful gifts to give to just about anyone in your life that needs a little TLC. So, why not make a few batches for yourself and a few friends or relatives that may need it.
- Wide Mouth 4oz. Mason Jars
- 2 cups of Epson Salt
- ¼ cup of dried lavender buds
- ¼ cup of dried chamomile buds
- Food processor
- OL350 2.5” Circle Labels
- OL892 3” x 1.5” Oval Labels (Clear Gloss Inkjet)
Step 1: Print out the label printables.
Step 2: Stick the labels on the jar and jar lid.
Step 3: Place ¼ of a cup of dried chamomile buds in a food processor. Pulse until the buds are ground to a powder.
Step 4: Pour the dried herb in the jar. Then pour in the Epson salt. Mix together with a spoon.
* When you’re ready to use the salt, fill the tub with warm water and then pour about 1/3 of the jar’s contents in the tub. Turn on your favorite tunes. Then get in, close your eyes and let the day’s stresses peel off of you.