Is your skin taking a beating from the harsh winter weather? Here’s a DIY recipe that is sure to sooth your skin. The best part of this recipe is that there are only two ingredients in each. Why add extra chemicals you can’t even pronounce to your body when the natural stuff does the trick?
My family and I live a very natural lifestyle. Our cabinets are packed with herbal supplements compared to medicines, our pantry is loaded with gluten-free and organic products and my cleaning supplies consist of baking soda, salt, vinegar and lemon. I told you we were natural. So, I’m also very particular when it comes to what I put on my skin.
So, I came up with this recipe that is sure to do the trick when it comes to making your skin silky smooth. Simply combine coconut oil with tea powder. I’m making two different types of moisturizer. First, I’m making a chamomile and coconut oil blend. The second moisturizer consists of green tea and coconut oil.
Here’s some cool info about the ingredients:
- Chamomile will help brighten your skin (say bye-bye to those dark circles) and give it a natural glow. It’s also supposed to help fight acne and breakouts.
- Green tea has a lot of anti-aging and antioxidant benefits. It can also help improve your skin’s elasticity.
- Coconut oil is known for its moisturizing benefits. It seeps into your pores, deeply moisturizing the skin. It also has antibacterial and anti-fungal properties as well. Personally, I use coconut oil on everything. If anyone in my family ever gets a rash or an infection, I slather on the coconut oil and it often does the trick.
I love giving these moisturizers as “just because” gifts to my mom and BFFs. They love them too and are always asking me to make more. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
- Coconut oil
- Green tea powder
- Chamomile powder
- Crock pot
- Glass jars (I bought these at Hobby Lobby)
- String or baker’s twine
- OL3490KW 1.5” x 1.5” Small Square Printable Tags
- Printable tags
Step 1: Print out these downloadable tags and carefully tear the tags off the perforated sheet.
Step 2: Pour 1 cup of coconut oil and 2 tsp of chamomile powder (for the first batch and green tea powder for the second batch) in a crock pot.
Step 3: Let the tea simmer in the crock pot for 4-6 hours.
Step 4: Pour the liquid coconut oil in jars.
Step 5: Use string or baker’s twine to wrap the tag around the jars.