Did you know that you can make your own onesies in just minutes? I have a couple of designs for you to print here, but you can make anything you can imagine and print it onto our iron-on heat transfer paper. You can make a bunch of funny themed onesies to give as a gift or keep for your little one.
You will need some iron-on heat transfer paper. Here, I used the version for a light shirt however if your onesie is a dark color be sure to use the other version. PLEASE NOTE: you must mirror your image BEFORE printing in order for the text to read correctly when transferred. I also washed my onesies before starting this project.
For each version there is a printable PDF with instructions linked on the product page. We have paraphrased these below. Please print the page for the full set of instructions.
- Preheat the iron to the highest setting. DO NOT use steam and empty all water.
- Iron on a smooth hard surface. Protect your surface with a pillowcase or sheet that has been ironed to remove all wrinkles.
- Iron onesie to remove all wrinkles.
- After printing your mirrored image, cut away any excess with scissors.
6. Firmly press down and iron approximately 90 seconds moving the iron up and down. Firmly press and iron approximately 90 seconds moving the iron side to side. NOTE: For small transfers like this total time may be reduced to 90 seconds total.
7. Allow the project to cool at least 2 minutes then remove paper.
You are left with a great onesie that your little one will be proud to wear!
Try these designs or create one of your own using any computer program. You might also search for other free images that will look great on a baby outfit.
Pick up several sheets of iron-on heat transfer paper as you will soon be addicted to this project. Make your own onesies, shirts, and more with this same technique!