Are you looking for an alternative way to make your products unique or do you have a project that needs some character? Our friend Angie Holden created a wonderful short tutorial that shows you how to make vintage labels with few basic items. Below are the supplies used for making vintage these vintage labels.
- Brown Kraft OL475BK (4 x 5 inch label)
- Brown Kraft OL350BK ( 2 1/2 inch round label)
- Brown Kraft OL5030BK ( 3.375 by 2.3125 inch label)
- My printable label art (links are given below)
- Old bottles and containers
- Distress ink or other brown colored ink
- Computer and printer
First you will need to select from the FREE printable files below and print them onto your label sheets. There is one file for each of the sizes listed above, if you don’t want to order multiple label sizes, try using the brown kraft full sheet label and cut the designs out with scissors or a hole punch. All of the vintage graphics were designed by the one of the most well known designers online, Karen Watson from the Graphics Fairy.
- Brown Kraft OL475BK Printable File (4 x 5 inch label)
- Brown Kraft OL350BK Printable File ( 2 1/2 inch round label)
- Brown Kraft OL5030BK Printable File ( 3.375 by 2.3125 inch label)
The brown kraft label material makes them look vintage but you can make them look even more vintage and worn with a little distress ink. You can cut around the edges of the label with scissors further enhance the distressed look.
Now rub the labels edge onto the ink pad.
Place your label somewhere safe to dry and start on your next one.
If you don’t like the cut edges try tearing the edges off the label for a natural torn look.
Once your ink has dried , it is time to peel and stick to your bottles, and jars.
With the vintage graphics and handy dandy tips on how to give your label a distressed appearance, you can fool just about anyone into believing these bottles are older than your grandmother.
They look great and can be used for a wide variety of things like decor in a boutique store, props for photo shoots, event decor and so much more. Let your imagination run wild!